Translate

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Painting My Christmas Tree

Painting My Christmas Tree


I have owned my pink Christmas tree for many years but I wasn't truly happy with it.  It was a very dark pink color and I really wanted it to be a softer pink.  So this year I decided that I was finally going to paint it.  


Dark Pink


In the above photo, you can see the difference
 in the before and after. 



I realized that the Rust-oleum paints can be used on plastic as well,  I figured since my tree is made out of plastic that this paint would work.   So I picked out a lovely soft pink and one can of white.  I had decided that I wanted white accents to simulate snow. 

It took a total of 4 cans of light pink to cover my tree.  I took my tree outside, shaped it a little and painted it.  When I finished painting it pink I took the white and hit the tips of each branch.  


I let it sit outside to dry. 




Then I moved it into my tea room. 



I had found some beautiful light pink lights at Big Lots over the summer.  Not only were the lights pink but the wires were pink as well.  So I added my lights and you can not even see the wires.  



I added my Rachel Ashwell shabby chic tree skirt and my paper churches.  I will be waiting to decorate because Christmas is a long way off but since I already had my tree out to paint it, I thought I would just leave in my tea room.  Besides a pink tree is perfect any time of the year for this girly girl.  

Loving my new lighter pink Christmas tree.

Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties

Note:
I do not know how this would turn out on a traditional green tree.  However, I will say that painting your tree is totally doable.  You do need to make sure that your paint is for plastic if your tree is made of plastic.  It does take a lot of cans to get nice coverage. I did test a tiny piece of my tree to make sure it would work before I started painting my tree.  

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I've pinned this for future reference. When I have a spare bedroom free in the coming years, I plan on turning that into my tea room/parlor/receiving room. I would love to do a project like this. Thank you so much for sharing. You bring lovely, feminine grace and beauty to the internet. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melinda, let me first thank you ever so kindly for your beautiful comment! You made me feel wonderful and I so appreciate you and you bring grace and beauty to the internet as well. You have always said the nicest things. I am excited for you to one day have your tree room and a project like this would be great. You can find some great trees at yard sales an make them look fabulous with paint, who knew! I am delighted with how this turned out. I was concerned going into this project even though I have seen other blog post about painting these trees. I am delighted that it worked and that it looks as good as it does. Hugs to you and I hope you are having a lovely early Fall season. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  2. Hi Beverly, wow I love the way your pink tree came out! It looks so pretty with the churches. Yes, Christmas is just around the corner. Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julie, so good to hear from you. I hope you are having a lovely start to the Fall season!!! Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  3. So splendidly pretty! I have a (miniature) pink Christmas tree, bought at least three years ago now, that I adore so much, I leave out all year round in a room in our basement, decorating it seasonally for each of the major holidays. How wonderful that a pretty pink tree is another love we share in common.

    Many hugs & happy start of autumn wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Sweet Jessica, it has been a long time my friend. I hope that you are doing well. I know winter will be moving in on you soon there in Canada. I always think of you as winter comes around. Oh, I have left my pink tree up many times. It is great for Valentines with red hearts and then Easter and Spring decorations are stunning on it. Yes, we girly girls do have much in common. Gentle hugs my friend, Beverly

      Delete
  4. Wow...what a neat idea! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beverly

    Did the same last year with my tree and painted it pink. Love how yours turned out and the holidays will soon be here!

    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting Debby. Yes, the holidays are on their way. I went ahead and sat my tree up in our living room but I haven't decorated it anything yet. I would love to see you tree. Did you blog about it? If so leave me a link. Thank ever so kindly for visiting and for the compliment. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: