Translate

Sunday, March 15, 2015

DIY WIRE HEADBANDS

DIY Wire Headbands


Do you remember the circle skirt I made a few weeks ago? 
 Click on the picture to see my original post. 


Well knowing how I love to pull everything together and make it match you know I had to make a headband to go with my skirt. So I decided on the very useful and simple wire wrap headbands.  This is a simple and super easy headband to make. 

Materials:

22 Gauge wire
Fabric
Tape Measure
Scissors
Sewing Machine or Needle and Thread

I had a few headbands that I had bought so I simply measured them to figure out how long to make my headbands.  However, if you do not own one you can simply take your tape measure and wrap it around your head where you would actually wear your new headband and add about 5.25" tip each end.  Then cut your fabric length out making it approx. 4.5" wide.  

Note: I folded my fabric and cute on the fold.  



Iron the fabric and with chalk draw the curve ends till they came to a point. I did not capture a photo of where I drew my lines but here is what it will look like when sewn together.  This tip should be on each end and you should leave a 1.5" opening in the middle so that you can flip it right side out when you are finished sewing and then insert the wire. 


Opening so that you can flip the headband and insert the wire.  Once you have done this simply stitch the opening closed. 


Once you have the headband turned right side out cut your wire to place inside.  Cut it 2" longer than your headband then bend each end over so that the wire will not poke out of the ends.  Just bend it in kind of a loop so that the ends are smooth. Then stitch up the opening and you are finished. 


When you are done you will have a brand new headband.  You can make these to match any of your outfits.  They are super easy and so much fun.  I get compliments every time I wear them out and you know we girls love compliments. 

At the request of my friend I will be adding some photos to show how to wear the headbands as soon as I can get some taken. Be sure to come back to see them. 

Happy sewing, 
Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties

7 comments:

  1. Ok, looks easy to make with your tutorial, but I want to see how you wear it! Is the twist on top of your head? I am letting my hair grow longer and seriously this looks like a grat addition to the hair wardrobe! I usually wear my longer hair back or up, so this is a great idea!!
    Hugs,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you wear it around your head like a regular headband and I twist it up on top. I sometime lean it to the side depending on which side I wear my hair on any given day. I then bend it so it looks like a bow. I will add some photos for you when I can get Tiffany to take a few of them. You are right I need to show how to wear them. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  2. Yes, you wear it around your head like a regular headband and I twist it up on top. I sometime lean it to the side depending on which side I wear my hair on any given day. I then bend it so it looks like a bow. I will add some photos for you when I can get Tiffany to take a few of them. You are right I need to show how to wear them. Hugs, Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this nice tutorial on how to make a headband. The outfit is going to look so pretty. It's nice that you know how to sew your own clothes and accessories. Have a nice day and Happy St. Patricks Day.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Beverly, very cute, in relation to the perfect skirt!
    Anything sewing, is a unique touch!
    Hugs, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear Beverly, this looks very pretty and so nice that you can wear it with the skirt ! You are very creative.

    Thank you so much for your visit and your kind commenting on my blog.
    So sweet of you !!

    Hugs and Blessings to you, dear friend.
    Wilma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you can stop by Fabulous Friday again and share more of your very unique posts... love the headbands that you shared at my last party http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-party29/
    Thanks Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: