Translate

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

HAPPY QUILT HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Happy Quilt Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!

Happy Quilt!

Not longer after we arrived in Korea I heard about a fabric warehouse filled with so many wonderful fabrics. It took some time doing research on the interwebs and reading about this place called Happy Quilt. 


Finally today we found it and I am in love with this place. It is a warehouse filled with fabric.  Actually I think there are two more buildings but I only saw one today.  You know I will be going back to spend an afternoon there sometime in the near future!!!

If you want directions to Happy Quilt from Camp Humphreys click the Link below. 

http://girlmeetscamera.com/2012/03/happy-quilt-is-my-happy-place/


There was so much to look at and it was a little overwhelming. The building I was in had mostly cotton fabrics and fabrics you would use to make quilts.  They had packages that were ready made to go with one yard, two yards fat quarters and quilting packs.  


While I was busy looking, Tiffany took some pictures for us.  


They also carry all sorts of other things like purse handles, trims, lace, backing, patches, buttons and just tons of different sewing notions.  Of course they carry thread in so many different colors and spools. 


The prices are wonderful!!! 
 Most fabric is approx. $2.00 a yard.  


I did not even see the post card fabric while we were at Happy Quilt.  I must go back and really look at that fabric...

Tiffany and I were enjoying our shopping and then we realized we did not bring much Won with us and they don't take check cards at Happy Quilt but we will be back soon.

We did manage to pick up a few fabrics.

This is a heavy material that could be used for upholstery, pillows, curtains and so much more.

These are two fabrics that I thought complimented each other very well... 

Tea and Cupcakes?
Yes please!

Dolls.....
These cuties are about 15" tall.  

We just had so much fun and we are really excited to have found a fabric store! 

Here are some pretties we found today as well.  I just love the candles shaped like milk bottles and the little domes with the birds on them each cost about $1.80 US.   They look really pretty with my favorite French Toast press that my Mother-In-Law sent to me.  



Edited 1/2/2015

We made it back to Happy Quilt so I wanted to show off the beautiful fabrics we purchased. 

These are my fabrics

For me...  Isn't she adorable...

For Tiffany

For my niece Megan and her girls! 

Little Does, Silhouettes, Eiffel Towers, Swans and more!!!

Vintage Labels!


Ice Cream...

Tea For Two!!!

Tea!!!

I could not get this one to show up right but it is beautiful. 


These are fabrics that Tiffany picked...






Tiffany also picked out a black fabric with red cherries on it.  She wants to make a circle skirt with it.  I could not get a good picture of it. 

We can't wait to get started sewing but until then...

Happy New Year and thank you for sharing 2014 with me!
I hope everyone has a very blessed, healthy and happy 2015. 

Happy New Year, 
Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties

9 comments:

  1. How nice to have found the fabric store! The fabric is so pretty. Have a Happy New Year.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julie and thank you. I am tickled pink to have found Happy Quilt. We found a paint store here as well with everything we need for painting. Now I just need to find a craft store. Happy New Year!!! Beverly

      Delete
  2. How beautiful. I love all the fabric. Happy 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Linda. I am now following your blog. I LOVE all the useful videos. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  3. Nice fabric store. Thanks for sharing all the pretty fabric. I like your blog and your ideas. I will follow your blog. Greetings, Thelma

    ReplyDelete
  4. DROOL!!!!!!!!
    I wish we had a place like that near me! How ever did you leave??
    Wink!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Doni we just didn't even know where to look. There were soany fabric choices. We have visited the warehouse twice now and we have a few projects that we will be working on soon. We had so much fun at Happy Quilt. Hugs, Beverly.

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a fabulous store Beverly! Quilting fabric has gone up to about $12 a yard here. Getting so expensive! I love so many of the fabrics that you have shown us. I have a friend that has ordered Aunt Gracie type fabrics from Japan and China. They are so sweet! Wondering if they have those there. They are reproduction fabrics from the 20's and 30's. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jann, we are so very happy that we finally found Happy Quilt!!! We just love it. Most of the fabrics I like there are approx. $4.00 a yard but that is still way less then what we were paying in the States. I will so miss Korean when we move back home, so many wonderful things to enjoy here. I haven't seen the Aunt Gracie fabrics here but I will keep an eye out for them. I so hope you are doing well. Hope to be visiting more often now that we are finally settled in. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: