Translate

Friday, January 3, 2014

VALENTINE'S DAY DECOR AND TABLESCAPE

Valentine's Day Decor
and
Tablescape



I would like to wish everyone a very Happy new Year.

The Christmas wrapping paper has all been cleaned up.  The paper and gift boxes have been recycled.  Each precious Christmas ornament has been wrapped and put away and the trees and lights are all down.  The house feels open and airy and spacious as the Christmas decor that made our rooms cozy has all been put away.  

However, this fresh and airy feeling always makes me want to decorate and this is the perfect time to bring out my Valentine's Day decorations.  As I box up the Christmas ornaments the Valentine's Day decorations take their place.

This year I have already found some neat things to purchase for Valentine;s Day.  I found several pretty red tablecloths to include a lace red heart one (okay, I bought two of them).  So I cleaned off my table and place the tablecloth on it and that started me on my journey to decorate my living room table.  Oh and I found some beautiful quilted heart shaped place mats. 


This is my table after many hours and a lot of work.  





I decided to use my Limoges Porcelain Dinnerware. 
Although I have lots of Limoges, I only have one complete dinnerware set.  It is white with gold trim and tiny flowers in pink and blue around the edges. 


Then I added some beautiful Limoges plates. 





Final place setting with faux food, heart beads and vintage Valentine cupcake pic. 



The pink glassware is vintage Arcoroc Rosaline Pink Swirl made in France. I used the water goblets and the tiny cordial glasses.  

I decorated my tree with hearts.


And I hug some sweet vintage angles in the tree


See my sweet vintage angel doll. 


I added my Valentine's Day Altered Art. 

I made the little dolls using vintage cupcake pics. 






Then I added a few vintage Valentine's Day cards. 


A pretty towel for tea. 

I placed some beautiful berries in my Limoges bowl. 



Our table all decorated for Valentine's Day. 


After I finished working on our table I added a few elements around the room. 

Here is my vintage tree topper turned Valentine Sweetie....



This is my vintage pixie doll.  These were usually made from a kit.  Here she is with her Valentine's Day hearts. 


I had a lot of fun decorating for Valentine's Day. My beautiful daughter Tiffany worked hard helping me put away the Christmas decor.  

I am off to relax and enjoy my family. 

See you soon,

Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties

10 comments:

  1. Beverly you have some gorgeous place settings! I am jealous of all your hand painted pieces, but they all look beautiful together on your pretty table! Hope you are doing well. We are getting ready for the next blast of cold, yet very thankful we dot live way up in the northeast!
    Hugs,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Doni and thank you so much. I had fun playing with my porcelain pieces. I am up to something to make for my table now. I am so happy that the weather has been cold. I do so much better in the winter. Stay warm and cozy my friend. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  2. love your tablecloth. WIth all the hearts plenty of love there. Oh holidays are so much fun
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I love decorating and I especially love Valentine's Day. I love all the pretty colors and romantic stuff. I will drop by and visit you. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  3. Hey, Beverly, Lovely. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful Valentine things. Your friend, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda and thank you so much for stopping by to visit. Big Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! your blog is allowed * SPECIAL PAGE "BLOG HAS THE HONOR" category "COTTAGE"
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.fr/2013/08/special-page-blog-has-honor.html

    here your Award
    http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2014/01/12/14011208470212502811891739.png

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Beverly !!! How have you been ? I loved these adorable images ! Everything was prepared with so much care !!! It's cute and beautiful !!! Congratulation !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So nice of you to stop by and visit. I enjoyed decorating my table. I just love all the romantic Valentine's Day stuff. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  6. Hello Beverly,
    You created a beautiful Valentine table !!
    I love your photos. They show the colors in a lovely way!
    Hope you are doing well.

    Blessings, Wilma.
    Shabby Royale.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: