Translate

Saturday, July 13, 2013

STOPPING TO SMELL THE ROSES

Stopping To Smell The Roses

After the tea party we were a little worn out here at Tea Cottage Pretties, so we decided to take it easy.  I felt it was time to relax and stop and smell the roses....

Each day we decided to just go with the flow and do whatever we felt like doing and that is exactly what we did.  We had tea in the afternoons, watched our shows and just did a lot of relaxing.  We go swimming several times a week now and this week was no exception.  We have so much fun together at the pool and the girls are becoming quite the little swimmers.  

We have been trying to learn to crochet a little because I have always wanted to know how to make those pretty little flowers I see others making.  I watched some You Tube videos and I have managed to make a couple little flowers.  They are by no means perfect but for someone who has never crocheted, I think they are a good start.  Here are my little pink flowers. 


Also this past week I ordered a complete set of books by Jane Austen and I have to share them with everyone.  These are so pretty and fit in so well with my decor.  I did not buy them for that reason but none the less they are so lovely.  

This is the box that the set comes in and it is so beautiful with silhouettes of a chandelier, tea table with chairs, horse and carriage and quotes from her books.  It is a very nice embossed box and oh so lovely to display.  



Each book is beautifully bound and embossed with images of roses, banners and scroll work and a ribbon bookmark inside. 


I also got a new lovely dress this week that my Eric bought for me.  It is a vintage styled dress from Mod Cloth called "All The Worlds A Birdcage".  This dress is so over the top pretty and I so enjoy wearing it and the compliments I get when I wear it aren't bad either. I wore it with a blue sweater, blue chunky rose bracelet (also from Mod Cloth), my vintage blue handbag and the cutest blue Madeline Stuart bow sandals. 


Click here to 
See me on ModCloth...



When I wore my new dress I was thinking that I need a blue pearl necklace to wear with it and I did not have one.  How in the world did I not have a blue pearl necklace, blue is my favorite color after all?  So while out, I stopped by my local Hobby Lobby and they had glass pearl beads on sale for 50% off, yay me!!!!  So I bought 3 strands that matched my dress and I made myself a necklace and bracelet to wear with my new dress.  


I wanted them to be simple and to compliment my dress but not distract from it (there is a lot of details to this dress).  So I simply used stretchy wire and made each piece and then I added a very pretty vintage seam ribbon bow to them.  They slip right on with ease and are the perfect compliment to my new dress and of course other things, that I so needed a blue pearl set to go with them. 

When I go to Hobby Lobby I always look through the jewelry making section and I usually find something unique, that I must add to my collection.  One of my favorite things is brooches and this is a very inexpensive way to pick up something special.  This week I found the sweetest little bird brooch.  Take a look at this and it can be a brooch or a necklace (there is a bail on the back of it as well as a pin).  




So I took it easy this week and just relaxed and had some fun.  The girls and I had a great week of swimming, relaxing and a bit of crafting.  I think we might go out to the movies this weekend...

See ya soon,
Beverly
Tea Cottage Pretties

Stop and smell the roses....



3 comments:

  1. Ooohh, that double birdie brooch/pendant is so terrifically, sweetly pretty! I love both it, and everything else (very much including your timelessly beautiful outfit) in this wonderful post - including the all important reminder to stop and smell the roses sometimes.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beverly!
    Oh how cute! Your new dress and purse and bracelet, just adorable! And the crochet roses are great. I love to crochet roses. They come in so handy for all kinds of additions on everything! Keep at it!
    I have been busy working on some fabric collages. There is a young man in our church who is a dear friend of ours and my hubby and I wanted to do something special for him for his upcoming birthday. Gregg picked out a verse for him, and I printed it on muslin and made a man version of a fabric collage! No lace and no buttons....that was hard!! But I do think it turned out pretty neat for a guy! At least my husband liked it. Now I need to make one for him! Again no lace. I'll be dying. I want to play with lace again!! Anyway I will probably do a post about it next week.
    And my nice pretty room looks like it all exploded. Fabric everywhere, ironing board out, etc. oh well...back to crafting!
    Hope you and your pretty mermaids have a swimmingly wonderful week, and I LOVE those books! I bet you'll all be reading. What fun!
    Hugs,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is gorgeous! You look adorable.
    Great finds.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: