Translate

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

SCHOOLS STARTING, A PURSE OF MY OWN AND #22 LIMOGES COFFEE POT

Schools Starting :(

A Purse Of My Very Own

and 


#22  Limoges Coffee Pot



We have been super busy here at Tea Cottage Pretties. I have two beautiful girls that I have been trying to get ready for school.  I always hate it when my babies go back to school.  True story:  I went to provide proof of residence for my youngest at her school.  While there the secretary asked if I was glad school was starting back and I immediately said "NO".  She looked at me kind of funny and said "really????"  I said  "no, I am never ready for my girls to go back to school".  I haven't even gotten over having to send them for their first day of school when they were little. She told me I was different from most parents and that usually they are so ready for the children to go back to school. Well I am not that parent I guess but I will be okay and we will get into our routine. My girls do very well in school and I am very proud of them. That is once we finish getting ready.... almost there......

In other news.....

A Purse of My Very Own

I love the purses I have been making and I so enjoy designing them with all the little details. There are a few things I do not like about every pattern I have  found so this made me think, maybe I should make my own pattern and tweak it to my liking.  So I am currently educating myself in the school of purse making.  I love the interwebs because there are so many wonderful tutorials out there.  Just about anything you want to learn is out there somewhere.  It does take a lot of research and sorting through the tutorials but eventually you will find what you need. After much research this past week and a lot of hours and hard work I now have 2 purse patterns that I am working on.  For the next few weeks I will be working on my new adventure. Who knew a simple idea would lead to me thinking about designing beautiful purses even in my sleep. Yes, I have been dreaming of all sorts of ideas while sleeping. Once I get everything worked out perfectly I will post a picture of my new purse. Maybe in the near future I can offer them for sale. We will see where this takes me. 

#22 Limoges Coffee Pot

Also, this week I wanted to share some more of my Limoges pieces.  I wanted to choose something extra special so I chose my Limoges Coffee Pot.  This piece is very stunning and it is actually my favorite of all my Limoges pieces. Well at least one of my favorites. It is highly detailed with beads, 22K gold designs and trim, beautiful handpainted roses and lovely shades of blue (with fading).  I took lots of photos to show the fabulous details of this piece.  I am a detail person and it so appeals to me.  

Here is a picture I took of it when I first got it about 5 years ago. 


And here are my new pictures taken for this weeks post. 

Back



Front 

 Handle
Spout 
Close Up 
Markings 
ELITE
L
FRANCE
Elite marking after 1900's 




To all the Moms and Children starting back to school, we wish everyone a great year!  
With Fall on the way it is time to start thinking about pumpkins and spices and good Family times together.  I am waiting patiently for that first crisp feeling in the air, telling me that Fall is in fact on it's way.  Of course living in South Texas it may be a while yet so I won't wish my days away. I am just happy to know that the very HOT summer is almost over. 

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting and come again.

Tea Cottage Pretties would like to wish everyone a very Happy Fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Hugs, Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties

2 comments:

  1. I love your Limoges pieces, so, so beautiful!! And good for you making a purse for yourself. I've actually been thinking about doing the same thing. I want to also find some tutorials.
    Just between you and me, I was never happy when my kids went back to school either. This year especially. My youngest is a senior in high school. I don't know how much longer she'll be around :( !!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece and such stunning colours!

    http://www.opinionatedaboutopi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: