Translate

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

MUSING: WHY DO WE LOVE PINTEREST?

Why Do We Love Pinterest?

There is something really appealing about pinterest and it seems no one can quite put their finger on it.  However, I am going to give it a try.  When I first found pinterest I was amazed at all the eye candy.  There is no other place on the interwebs that I have found where you go and it is like Christmas.  There is so much to look at and it can be a little overwhelming at times.  When it is to much I just move on but when I do look around I always find something that makes me say WOW!  

I guess pinterest is kind of like a dream book.  I remember when I was a young girl we would look through all the catalogs.  You know the Sears, JC Penney's and other numerous catalogs that our Mom had around the house.  I would make list of everything that I loved in them.  I would never have expected to get all those lovely things but dreaming about them was exciting.  That is how pinterest is I think, you can look and dream.

As a crafter pinterest offers me something else, a place to find great ideas.  I also did this with those great catalogs when I was young. I would see something and then go make it.  That is how it is for me and I think maybe for all crafters.  I never like to steal ideas but I use ideas to make something that is distinctly mine.  I am always more proud of my things if and when I make them.

Pinterest is a source of great eye candy, ideas, products and so much more.  I do think that there is truly no other place anywhere on the interwebs that offers what pinterest offers.  I saw a post on facebook the other day that said "I am quite sure that the answers to all the worlds problems will be solved and it will be posted on pinterest."  Well this might not be true but I can say that I love pinterest and if nothing else we might be able to at least escape our problems just by visiting. So keep pinning and I will keep looking and pinning.

Below you will find my most recent pinterest WOW moment picture. I tried to find who was credited for this picture but I could not find them.  If you know let me know so I can give them credit. You simply cut a pop bottle top off and put the opening of the bag through it. Fold the bag down over pop bottle top and then screw the cap back on. How neat is that........

Happy Pinning............






6 comments:

  1. Wow! What a clever idea!
    I found you on blog train.
    Jennidee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I too am a Pinterest fan :) Just wrote a blog post about some of the recipes I've tried lately that I've pinned

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! So glad I found you on the blog-train!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. I like Blog Train!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm visiting you from Blog Train also! I am addicted to Pinterest too! Love the idea you blogged, so clever!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: