Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2012

#1 LIMOGES CUSPIDOR

LIMOGES CUSPIDOR

As promised I am going to start posting my porcelain pieces and I have picked my cuspidor as my first piece to show. Now mind you I would never use this cuspidor for it's intended purpose, who would. I love it for it's feminine beauty. I wanted this particular piece for sometime and I was so happy to finally get one. What I love about it is that it looks like a little drawstring purse. Mine is painted on the outside with hints of light blue and the inside has beautiful delicate roses in pink hues. 

Draw String painted a beautiful 22K gold. 


Lovely and delicate pink roses on the inside. 


Isn't she gorgeous!



Markings



T&V LIMOGES FRANCE
 Tressemann & Vogt. 1907-1919

See you next time,
Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties

2 comments:

  1. I love ladies spittoons, I have a ton of them, and several drawstring ones. I have this one too. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love collecting spittoons & cuspidors and have probably around close to 380-400 or so, collected over 40+ years. They are in all forms of art & cut glass, porcelain, china, several metal figural types and even a few "hidden" cuspidors in upholstered Victorian footstools. However, my true passion is collecting the delicate, colorful and definitely feminine ones such as this T & V type, of which I have four - but not this beautiful one!

    My book on the subject of spittoon & cuspidor collecting, an 8 year labor of love (and sometimes frustration!) will hopefully be out in the Fall of 2013, to be published by 'Collectors Publishing, Inc.'. I can always be found on eBay as "spittoonhound", agressively chasing down those elusive ladies spittoons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: