Translate

Thursday, February 4, 2010

A BEAUTIFUL GIRL AND SOME RAIN BONNETS TOO

Here is a sweet little girl from days gone by!
I found this gem at an antique shop that I stop in every once in awhile. It is one of those shops where everything cost a pretty penny. However, I got this girl for a wonderful price, she was $8.00. She is in mint condition with no flaws or defects at all. The little white area you see one her foot is actually the underside of her foot. I keep my makeup brushes in her. I know, but how better to enjoy my things than to use them and see them everyday? Sometimes we just can't worry so much about our pretties.

If you look beside her in the picture you can see my two jars. These kind of jars are great to hold your small collections. In one I have my Juicy Couture samples and in the other - I have the most fabulous vintage rain bonnets in their cases. The cases are decorated with Roses. I remember these from the 1960's and when i saw them I had to have them. Aren't they the sweetest little things? The best part is that they all have their bonnets and they are in new condition. I guess we would call this old store stock?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: